Bodice Ripper - Giclée Art Prints
Bodice Ripper - Giclée Art Prints
I am a very romantic person who believes in love, and furthermore, loving life. I think of romance not as defined by a relationship, but as a complete way of living. The nature of the world is rooted in beauty and it is always there if you look for it. That is what I try to show in my work.
BUT I also love romance between people. I have been reading romance novels since I was a teen, and I was always riveted by the depictions of all these beautiful people falling in and out of passionate love. Kilts and corsets and whirlwind affairs of the heart. Literary, historical, traditional - I like them all.
Women are often ridiculed for loving the romance genre. We’re told by men and other women (which is even sadder) that romance is for dumb people who can’t read “regular” books, or that we have bad relationships at home and are escaping. So many assumptions and most of them untrue. So many women are made to feel like reading romance is a shameful secret to hide or that it’s a guilty pleasure. I’ve felt pressured into denying I like them in past.
Romance is a 1.08 BILLION dollar industry every year and is the number one selling genre. Someone is reading it! There are so many fun subgenres, as well as a wonderfully prolific amount of queer romances out these days. I really think there’s a romance out there for everyone.
The worst lie I was ever told about reading romance novels, was that it would give me extremely unrealistic expectations, and I’d never be satisfied with a regular relationship. I’m not an idiot, and of course I’m not going to be running off with a princess, duke, or some other monarch. However, they did give me lofty expectations of what love should be.
That’s never been bad for me. I have ended so many bad relationships knowing I deserved more. And eventually I got it in my thirties. I have been with my partner almost four years and he’s the most loving man I’ve ever known, who makes me feel like a princess myself.
Never think you are worthy of less, and never let anyone tell you what to read!
Information on print quality and care can be found here.
Anything listed in my main shop on an individual listing, is a Giclée print. These are are high quality, vibrant prints, produced on luxurious velvet matte paper.
The Giclée printing process results in stunning images, full of exquisite and luxurious detail. With seven dye-based inks (which offer a vast range of colors), this process retains even the finest elements of a given artwork. Since my photographs incorporate ample darkness and shadow, Giclée printing ensures that even the smallest details are captured, while offering a lower price point than an exhibition-quality fine art print.
Giclee Prints are Archival - 100 years, 200 in dark storage.
All prints come hand stamped on the back, with a care and recommendation card, as well as my customary thank you postcard.
To order a 16 x 20 or larger of your desired print, click HERE
Anything over 16 x 20 is also available as a limited edition, signed, exhibition quality print. Complete framed works are also available, in addition to other ready-to-hang work. Available on request, by contacting me HERE
If you have any questions about my policies, your order, or shipping times/dates that CANNOT be answered by the information below, please reach out to me directly via THIS FORM to send me an email.
When will you ship my order?
Please note that some Items are shipped to you directly from my manufacturer and not from me (e.g. scarves, phone cases, journals) These items are made to order, and may ship separately from each other. Please allow 1-2 weeks for these to be sent to you. You will receive tracking. If you experience a quality issue, please contact me within 30 days of receipt so that I can obtain a solution.For all other items (prints, stationery)My current turnaround time is 1-2 weeks. I pack all my own orders, and I’m just one human person, so please be patient. Typically I am able to fill orders on the weekends.Important: Shipping times are typically delayed during or after a sale, holiday, and major releases due to the increase in my usual volume. Manufacturer direct items are also typically delayed during major holiday periods.If you need an item by a certain date, please contact me before you order HERE. I am happy to assist, and usually I can get it to you by your desired date if I know in advance!
I didn't get a tracking number and it's past the shipping time listed - what do I do?
- Typically if there are item delays, especially for pre-orders, I will let you know via email, so make sure to search your email for my name to make sure I didn't contact you already.
- If not, please check your spam, and then contact me HERE - include your order number, and I will be happy to resend the tracking or provide information.
My order says it was delivered and it wasn't, or my order was damaged during shipping.
I offer Route package protection insurance, automatically toggled on, for every order. If you choose to remove it, you are acknowledging that if the order is lost or stolen, I am not liable and it will not be replaced. I cannot control packages once they are at the post office and beyond, but Route can! Route shipping protection insures your package against mis-delivery, theft, damage and more.
If your package is missing:
- Sometimes USPS marks items delivered a day early on accident. First I would recommend calling your local post office (not the main number) to check in about it. Usually it shows up or they can find it.
If you still do not have it, or you do have your order and it was damaged:
- File your claim with route, if you chose protection at checkout, and it will be re-sent at no cost to you. If it was a one of a kind or limited item, please reach out to me first to get a suitable replacement lined up.
My order is incorrect or is damaged
- Returns, exchanges or refunds are only given in the event of a fulfillment error on my end unless you used Route protection and can file a claim there. If I sent you the wrong item, contact me instead of filing a claim with Route,
- Please know that this is very small shop, and I am not able to accommodate returns, exchanges, or refunds for any other reason than my personal packing errors at this time.
- If you received the wrong item/s, it was my fault, and I would be happy to make it right. Just contact me with your order number and photos of what you received, and I will get back to you as soon as I can!
Do you ship internationally?
- Yes, but I am currently unable to ship to the UK due to new policies in place for collecting VAT.