Gilded Idyll - Giclée Art Prints
Gilded Idyll - Giclée Art Prints
Information on print quality and care can be found here.
“Listen, are you breathing just a little, and calling it a life?”
Mary Oliver wrote these words in a poem titled, “Have You Ever Tried to Enter the Long Black Branches?” When I first read this, I heard it echoing all around me, a ghostly voice whispering a quiet revelation that knocked all the wind out of my lungs.
Of course I had I had known this truth - that I wasn’t really living. I knew it and I pushed it aside. I buried it beneath to-do lists and commitments. I called it necessary. I used it as a measure of success. Too busy to live. Too busy to breathe. I simply kept going long after everyone else went home.
I took rest in little sips, only if required, in order to keep hiking up the mountain of achievement. I assumed that since I liked to keep busy, that meant I liked to work constantly. I no longer believe that at all. I think one can be busy chasing joy, peace, rest, and comfort alongside success.
What is the use of succeeding, if you aren’t actually living?
I began to imagine a different life. I gave myself the gift of envisioning time spent beyond a desk. The permission to have breaks, evenings, days off. A life where I can watch my daughter grow up with a mother who is always here for her. Where I know the smell of summer grass and the feel of sunshine on my weary body. Where I know the pursuit of joys that don’t make me any money. A life at least half offline and out of office.
When I daydreamed of simplicity and serenity, I thought of a field of sunflowers at dusk. I saw tall, velvety stalks waving in the breeze. The early autumn air still sleepy and warm, like a familiar old blanket perfumed with leaves and bonfires. With reverence, I noticed the heads of elder sunflowers bent forever eastward, while young buds sought to face the fading light, a worship hymn to the sun.
Sunset rays streamed through the leaves. Dust motes floating in the thickness of the amber tinted air, like bubbles in honey. In my dream of peace, I laid on the soil and felt the quiet thrum of the earth. Ancient things rested beneath, while the buzzing of bugs sang over my head. I let every worry escape my body, and simply existed in my dreamy, golden idyll.
Just a person, living a life.
Anything listed in my main shop on an individual listing, is a Giclée print. These are are high quality, vibrant prints, produced on luxurious velvet matte paper.
The Giclée printing process results in stunning images, full of exquisite and luxurious detail. With seven dye-based inks (which offer a vast range of colors), this process retains even the finest elements of a given artwork. Since my photographs incorporate ample darkness and shadow, Giclée printing ensures that even the smallest details are captured, while offering a lower price point than an exhibition-quality fine art print.
Giclee Prints are Archival - 100 years, 200 in dark storage.
All prints come hand stamped on the back, with a care and recommendation card, as well as my customary thank you postcard.
To order a 16 x 20 or larger of your desired print, click HERE
Anything over 16 x 20 is also available as a limited edition, signed, exhibition quality print. Complete framed works are also available, in addition to other ready-to-hang work. Available on request, by contacting me HERE
If you have any questions about my policies, your order, or shipping times/dates that CANNOT be answered by the information below, please reach out to me directly via THIS FORM to send me an email.
When will you ship my order?
Please note that some Items are shipped to you directly from my manufacturer and not from me (e.g. scarves, phone cases, journals) These items are made to order, and may ship separately from each other. Please allow 1-2 weeks for these to be sent to you. You will receive tracking. If you experience a quality issue, please contact me within 30 days of receipt so that I can obtain a solution.For all other items (prints, stationery)My current turnaround time is 1-2 weeks. I pack all my own orders, and I’m just one human person, so please be patient. Typically I am able to fill orders on the weekends.Important: Shipping times are typically delayed during or after a sale, holiday, and major releases due to the increase in my usual volume. Manufacturer direct items are also typically delayed during major holiday periods.If you need an item by a certain date, please contact me before you order HERE. I am happy to assist, and usually I can get it to you by your desired date if I know in advance!
I didn't get a tracking number and it's past the shipping time listed - what do I do?
- Typically if there are item delays, especially for pre-orders, I will let you know via email, so make sure to search your email for my name to make sure I didn't contact you already.
- If not, please check your spam, and then contact me HERE - include your order number, and I will be happy to resend the tracking or provide information.
My order says it was delivered and it wasn't, or my order was damaged during shipping.
I offer Route package protection insurance, automatically toggled on, for every order. If you choose to remove it, you are acknowledging that if the order is lost or stolen, I am not liable and it will not be replaced. I cannot control packages once they are at the post office and beyond, but Route can! Route shipping protection insures your package against mis-delivery, theft, damage and more.
If your package is missing:
- Sometimes USPS marks items delivered a day early on accident. First I would recommend calling your local post office (not the main number) to check in about it. Usually it shows up or they can find it.
If you still do not have it, or you do have your order and it was damaged:
- File your claim with route, if you chose protection at checkout, and it will be re-sent at no cost to you. If it was a one of a kind or limited item, please reach out to me first to get a suitable replacement lined up.
My order is incorrect or is damaged
- Returns, exchanges or refunds are only given in the event of a fulfillment error on my end unless you used Route protection and can file a claim there. If I sent you the wrong item, contact me instead of filing a claim with Route,
- Please know that this is very small shop, and I am not able to accommodate returns, exchanges, or refunds for any other reason than my personal packing errors at this time.
- If you received the wrong item/s, it was my fault, and I would be happy to make it right. Just contact me with your order number and photos of what you received, and I will get back to you as soon as I can!
Do you ship internationally?
- Yes, but I am currently unable to ship to the UK due to new policies in place for collecting VAT.