A Place at The Table - Giclée Art Prints
A Place at The Table - Giclée Art Prints
Information on print quality and care can be found here.
About this Piece:
So many of my works are close to my heart, but this is one of my favorite and most meaningful pieces I’ve ever created. This was done in collaboration with my phenomenal friend Cabinet Of Curious Clay, who made the pitcher. Doing things with friends is so special to me and the process is just so fun. I cycled through a few ideas for the item she would make and then we decided on a pitcher. I knew what I wanted it to represent.
In many families, cultures and communities worldwide, reserving a seat or setting a table for loved ones who have passed is a cherished and enduring custom. Predominantly, western culture sees death as fearful, silent, and off limits for conversation. These feelings are not without cause. Death is an unknowable plane, a hidden place bordering our lives. A coordinate on the map of mortality where we cannot go if we wish to return. As such, it is a formidable adversary. However, there is a lot of healing to be found in welcoming your beloved dead back into your life when you are able. For me, saving a seat is an act of remembrance and reverence. The water I drink at a table shared with the dead is a healing elixir. A fortification of the self, and protection against the eerie, lingering fog of grief.
The table does not need to be something wooden with four legs. A discussion about your honored dead is a sort of table as well - a gathering of hearts. A conversation need not be somber, or sad. A talk can be a celebration of someone's unique existence, a memorial in sound and color. Talking can also be a way to navigate the waters where the disparate oceans of resentment and grief often meet. Developing a communal practice of frequenting memories offers the dead a living place in your heart and your life.
This piece is equal parts requiem and Memento Mori. The latter being a Latin phrase that means “remember that you must die”. When you recall that you will someday be the figurative ghost in the room yourself, how do you want your life and legacy to be remembered? Lamented and then forgotten to the cold winds of grief? or mourned, but remembered and cherished.
Pitchers were often used in classical still life to indicate hospitality. This is representative here of hospitality for the dead. This cup and pitcher may be empty, but they still signal that our loved ones in death are welcome at the table anytime, and will always have a place of honor.
Anything listed in my main shop on an individual listing, is a Giclée print. These are are high quality, vibrant prints, produced on luxurious velvet matte paper.
The Giclée printing process results in stunning images, full of exquisite and luxurious detail. With seven dye-based inks (which offer a vast range of colors), this process retains even the finest elements of a given artwork. Since my photographs incorporate ample darkness and shadow, Giclée printing ensures that even the smallest details are captured, while offering a lower price point than an exhibition-quality fine art print.
Giclee Prints are Archival - 100 years, 200 in dark storage.
All prints come hand stamped on the back, with a care and recommendation card, as well as my customary thank you postcard and a bookmark.
To order a 16 x 20 or larger of your desired print, click HERE
Anything over 16 x 20 is also available as a limited edition, signed, exhibition quality print. Complete framed works are also available, in addition to other ready-to-hang work. Available on request, by contacting me HERE
If you have any questions about my policies, your order, or shipping times/dates that CANNOT be answered by the information below, please reach out to me directly via THIS FORM to send me an email.
When will you ship my order?
Please note that some Items are shipped to you directly from my manufacturer and not from me (e.g. scarves, phone cases, journals) These items are made to order, and may ship separately from each other. Please allow 1-2 weeks for these to be sent to you. You will receive tracking. If you experience a quality issue, please contact me within 30 days of receipt so that I can obtain a solution.For all other items (prints, stationery)My current turnaround time is 1-2 weeks. I pack all my own orders, and I’m just one human person, so please be patient. Typically I am able to fill orders on the weekends.Important: Shipping times are typically delayed during or after a sale, holiday, and major releases due to the increase in my usual volume. Manufacturer direct items are also typically delayed during major holiday periods.If you need an item by a certain date, please contact me before you order HERE. I am happy to assist, and usually I can get it to you by your desired date if I know in advance!
I didn't get a tracking number and it's past the shipping time listed - what do I do?
- Typically if there are item delays, especially for pre-orders, I will let you know via email, so make sure to search your email for my name to make sure I didn't contact you already.
- If not, please check your spam, and then contact me HERE - include your order number, and I will be happy to resend the tracking or provide information.
My order says it was delivered and it wasn't, or my order was damaged during shipping.
I offer Route package protection insurance, automatically toggled on, for every order. If you choose to remove it, you are acknowledging that if the order is lost or stolen, I am not liable and it will not be replaced. I cannot control packages once they are at the post office and beyond, but Route can! Route shipping protection insures your package against mis-delivery, theft, damage and more.
If your package is missing:
- Sometimes USPS marks items delivered a day early on accident. First I would recommend calling your local post office (not the main number) to check in about it. Usually it shows up or they can find it.
If you still do not have it, or you do have your order and it was damaged:
- File your claim with route, if you chose protection at checkout, and it will be re-sent at no cost to you. If it was a one of a kind or limited item, please reach out to me first to get a suitable replacement lined up.
My order is incorrect or is damaged
- Returns, exchanges or refunds are only given in the event of a fulfillment error on my end unless you used Route protection and can file a claim there. If I sent you the wrong item, contact me instead of filing a claim with Route,
- Please know that this is very small shop, and I am not able to accommodate returns, exchanges, or refunds for any other reason than my personal packing errors at this time.
- If you received the wrong item/s, it was my fault, and I would be happy to make it right. Just contact me with your order number and photos of what you received, and I will get back to you as soon as I can!
Do you ship internationally?
- Yes, but I am currently unable to ship to the UK due to new policies in place for collecting VAT.