Print Care Instructions
To safeguard the beauty of your Giclée prints for years to come, a few essential guidelines can make a world of difference. If you are looking for a print that doesn't need framing, check out my Posters & Stationery
Ensure proper handling
- Please keep your new print in the plastic sleeve until you are ready to frame. The beautiful velvet matte surface is a magnet for dust and will become damaged in a short time if displayed without protection.
- The sleeve and backing board that your print arrives in are made of acid-free, photo-safe materials and are the ideal place for your print to live before framing.
- Handle with clean, dry hands and avoid direct contact with the surface. Gloves can be a valuable ally in preventing smudges and fingerprints.
- Be careful of water, hard objects, and adhesives as these can damage and scratch the surface of your print.
Consider the ideal display location
- Display wisely: Avoid exposure to direct sunlight, which can cause fading over time.
- Choose a spot away from high humidity and high temperatures, as excessive moisture or heat can cause warping or discoloration.
- Framing your Giclée print with acid-free matting and UV-protective glass adds an extra layer of defense, shielding it from harmful elements.
If you have any questions about print care, please don't hesitate to email me!